Cloud Readiness and Migration Support
Moving applications and services to the cloud is a significant long-term trend emerging in the Federal space— and for good reason. Cloud computing increases accessibility and improves deployment time while simultaneously increasing effectiveness and employee productivity.
Benefits of switching to the cloud include:
- Increased bandwidth and accessibility of applications
- Reduction in operational costs
- Increase in IT effectiveness
- Faster application implementation and deployment
- Ability to support personnel across geographically dispersed locations
- Increased availability for remote/telework employees
- Enhanced storage capabilities
- Efficient disaster recovery solutions and automated administration tasks (backups, upgrades and maintenance)
NuAxis designed and implemented a private cloud ecosystem for both the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) within the National Park Service (NPS). The NPS data center has been integral for consolidating computer resources under the Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative (FDCCI) and allows for provisioning resources using a private cloud model, thereby consolidating resources and reducing the server footprint through virtualization. NuAxis also implemented a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution for the NPS’ Washington Area Support Office (WASO), providing users access to the NPS servers from anywhere at any time.